Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Workday Without Pyxis


I first experienced my workday without the automated medication management. The pyxis medstation was done in the whole department that created an overwhelming situation to patients, management and especially to nursing staffs. I was able to distribute the medications on time such as antibiotics and some pain medications. The situation causes confusion and chaos for nurses.

I realized today the value of this innovative technology- Pyxis MedStation System in my nursing profession. There is a big difference in the nursing practice without it. Not having an automated medication dispenser significantly affects the quality of nursing service in today's health care. The pyxis system provides fast and accurate dispensing of medications. The system eliminates significant medication errors in my workplace. Proper use of this pyxis medstation system is vital in dispensing safely prescribed medications.

No comments:

Post a Comment